When/Why Do I Need a Tax Attorney?
by admin on April 9, 2015 in Taxes
Tax attorneys have advanced training in tax law. Most will have a master of laws (LL.M.) degree in taxation. Some tax attorneys also have a background in accounting and fewer of those hold a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation. At KMBSP, Katelyn Eaves has a LL.M. and Steve Butler has a CPA designation. You definitely need a tax attorney if:
- You are starting a business and need legal counsel about the structure and tax treatment of your company.
- You intend to file a case before the US Tax Court.
- You are under criminal investigation by the IRS.
- You have committed tax fraud (such as claiming false deductions and credits) and need the protection of attorney-client privilege.
- You need to make complex estate and estate tax planning strategies.
Contact KMBSP Today!